NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the step adapter type in CVI

Is it possible to identify the adapter type of the step in CVI?

In the modelsupport project, c_report.c has a function 

int DLLEXPORT _stdcall GetFlaggedValuesForReport_Html(CAObjHandle context, CAObjHandle optionsHandle, CAObjHandle stepResult, int level,
char *labelOnlyStart, char *labelStart, char *valueStart, CAObjHandle reportString)
{

}

How can I find the module adapter of the step whose results are to be traversed using this fuction?

Tried:

int DLLEXPORT _stdcall GetFlaggedValuesForReport_Html(CAObjHandle context, CAObjHandle optionsHandle, CAObjHandle stepResult, int level, 
char *labelOnlyStart, char *labelStart, char *valueStart, CAObjHandle reportString)

{

TSObj_Adapter moduleAdapterType;

/// get Adapter type
  tsErrChkMsgPopup( TS_ModuleGetAdapter (context, &errorInfo, &moduleAdapterType));

Error:

CA_DiscardObjHandle(moduleAdapterType);

return error;

}

This returns an ActiveX error: " No such interface supported"

using CVI 8.5 and TS 4.1

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,605 Views)

Not sure if this is helpful since I don't have CVI installed here but I think from the context you should be able to get the step. Once you have the step then you should be able to use the AdapterKeyName property to determine which adapter the step uses.  You can read more about that property in the TS help.

This is assuming the context is the SequenceContext which is passed during execution time.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,588 Views)