NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to embed an image in a report (with data, so it's in the PDF) but not log that image to the Database?

One of our tests generates a couple images, and we want to embed those in the report.  We also select the "save to PDF" option.

I have been able to embed the images in the PDF by casting them to their binary strings and writing that to the Report Text field.

However, this also seems to log that data to the database, and this we don't want to do.

Obviously we could go back to the XML + Stylesheet model, but this tends to be a pain in the neck for sharing the reports.

I suppose another way would be to get a different PDF generator, one that would include the images... but I figured I would ask here first.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(668 Views)

Hi, 

One possible approach is to create a copy of the database schema in which you add a precondition for REPORT_TEXT column/parameter to avoid logging it to the database. 

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(653 Views)

I'm not sure I understand.  This is a pre-condition in the database schema that would ignore an insert/update to that field based on the size of the data being inserted?

I did not use stored procedures for our schema, but I can see how to do that with SPs.  I don't know how to do that with simple inserts (MS SQL).

I am not familiar with how TS uses the schema to insert data into the database- is there a way to mod the schema TS is referencing to skip the insert for that one test?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(640 Views)