NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the module time for the wait action and popup window?

changyong_0-1642216579361.png

Dear All,

In my teststand sequence, I choose to display the execution time for each step,

However for the Wait step and Popup Step, the module time is not displayed, how can I display these action module time?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,185 Views)

Hi,

What you selected in module time.

This is applicable for steps which call a module like a DLL or VI. (Action or Test step types).

Only those steps which call a module will display the time in that column.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,153 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

changyong_1-1642377834480.png

changyong_0-1642377793444.png

I  just choose the <Execution Time>dialog, so you means I can't display for the module time use this method?

How can I display each step time in teststand, or I use LabVIEW to call Teststand sequence,

This is what I want to display in the UI, however, I don't know how to realize it

changyong_2-1642378047887.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,146 Views)

Open the Edit Step List Configurations Dialog box in an execution window. Checkmark Execution Times in the second list box (like you did already).  Click on it again just to make double sure it is selected, then click the Edit... button. Click the Columns tab and select the _MODULE_TIME entry in the list box.

Change the Expression field to the following:

Step.LastStepResult == Nothing ? "" : Step.LastStepResult.Exists("TS.ModuleTime", 0) ? Str(Step.LastStepResult.TS.ModuleTime) : Step.LastStepResult.Exists("TS.TotalTime", 0) ? Str(Step.LastStepResult.TS.TotalTime) : ""

Now, change the caption field from _MODULE_TIME to TIME, because now it is the module time, if available, or the total step time if there is no module time. If you only want the total step time, then the expression could be:

Step.LastStepResult == Nothing ? "" : Step.LastStepResult.Exists("TS.TotalTime", 0) ? Str(Step.LastStepResult.TS.TotalTime) : ""

Message 4 of 5
(1,137 Views)

Hello James_Grey,

Thank you very much, really appreciated

I did as you suggested, the following picture is the display effect

changyong_1-1642398683496.png

I still have a question: the module time display it is s unit, however it is not easy to see, if I want to change it to ms unit, how I can do?

changyong_2-1642398926210.png

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,131 Views)