From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "Terminate" button in Teststand operator interface?

Hello, 

I'm using default Full Feature Operator interface for the TestStand deployment (steps are in LabView). 

But I don't want the operator has an option to terminate the test after he/she starts the test (after pressed "Test UUTs").

How can i disable that button?

Armitakh_0-1584995605458.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,338 Views)

Hi Armitakh,

I open the default Full Feature Operator interface and see how it run. The "Terminate" button will appear until a person press button of "Test UUTs" and disappear when the program is finished. So I think the easiest way to do is move Terminate button away form the windows.

Or you just want to disable it in the period of execution, you can use callback function (Start execution and End execution) to make it temporarily disable. 

Thanks,

Ricky

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,295 Views)

Another option is to remove the privilege from the Operator in the users.ini file.  Then they can't click on it.  Also, this way you don't have to edit the UI at all.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 6
(2,283 Views)

Thanks Jigg for the help. 

So should i change Terminate to "True"(below image), because currently it was false and showed the "Terminate" button

Armitakh_0-1585174610526.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,250 Views)

Hello Armitakh

Change the value for Terminate from True to False.
(Groups → Privileges → Operate → Terminate)

User.PNG

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,230 Views)

@Chris_Märki wrote:

Hello Armitakh

Change the value for Terminate from True to False.
(Groups → Privileges → Operate → Terminate)

Chris

This will change it for all operators.  Which if you want then go this route.  If you want to just change it for a single person then remove them from the operator group and set the individual privileges as desired.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,222 Views)