NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize a test step status ?

Hello,
I would like to customize a multiple numeric limit test status before report generation. If a test result is according to test limit setups, the test status would be passed, if not, the test status would be failed. What I would like to add is a third alternative, let's say, interrupted and it should be stored in the same layout in the report as the test step status failed/passed.

I have a do while loop which measures continuously until a measured value is found according to some conditions. Sometimes it may happen that a satisfied measurement value cannot be found according to the pre-defined conditions. In that case I would like to indicate that the test was interrupted in the test report with the last measured value. Furhermore, to minimaze the data amount in the report, the steps in the do while are not recorded.

I attach a simple sequence file which should roughly correspond the idea I'm trying to explain.

Regards,
Petri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,932 Views)
Hi Petri,

Basically, there's no way of getting the status of a step run allready into another sequence, and having results disabled.
However, I modified your sequence as follows so you can get what you need:
1. In the subsequence, I added the PostExpression "RunState.Caller.RunState.Step.Result.Status = "Interrupted"" which has as a result the modification of the sequencecall step in the MainSequence to have the status "Interrupted"

2. In MainSequence, I changed the PostExpression to check the status of the sequence call, now reflecting the "Interrupted" status for the measurement.

Please have a look at the attached modified sequence.

Hope this helps,
Silvius
Silvius Iancu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,875 Views)

Thanks Silvius!

This is what I'm looking for.

Regards,

Petri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3