From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create sequence call parameter to pass to external subsequence via lookupstrings

Hi guys,

I have a challenge to build test sequence (.seq) according customized xml file. I have been relating to TestStand example projects (<Examples\TestStand API\Building a Sequence Using API>).

However xml sequence will have plenty of sequenceCalls to external Sequence files (as drivers for instruments). Question is how to pass values which a described inside xml to external sequence of drivers.

According examples I should be using lookupStrings to set step configuration.

I am able to make such sequence calls by expressions dinamically however how to set them by design from xml script.

Attached you will find such functionality attempt inside xml file. Some parts are commented.

From the context you will see that I am calling external sequence called "_TIF.seq". External sequence has argument "parametras". My intention is to create sequence call with such argument.

Thank you in advance!

Karolis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,936 Views)

Guys,

the only way I have found yet is to create SequenceCall step with expressions to external file using LookupStrings. Then with LookupStrings also define such step PreExpression values to load on runtime my parameters.

Parameters loaded using NewSubProperty function and the filling ActualArgs with my values from XML file.

Hope to hear better ways since my mentioned solution sounds and smells like workaround.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,880 Views)