NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple sections under one multiple numeric limit test?

How do we create multiple sub-sections in report under one multiple numeric limit test. 

For example i have 1000 limits for one code to be run and each 100 are supposed to be under one sub-section such as first 100 under machine 1, 2nd 100 under machine 2 and so on.

Creating 10 multiple numeric limit test would be inefficient. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,472 Views)

I'm curious, how to do you setup this multiple numeric limit test step. Via TestStand API? Or you setup limits variables and data source manually? If so, I'm sure that there is no much work to copy step 10 times, and delete not needed limits.

If you read array of values, and compare them using multiple numeric limit test step, for scalability and easier reading of test sequence I would suggest to separate it. If you need to separate it to 10 different machines cases, then change it in a way that you will have action step where you will get data; and afterwards 10 no-adapter multiple numeric limit test steps for comparison.

But if you really want to keep just one step, then I guess, you can use SequenceFilePostResultListEntry callback. After step is executed, you can access all the measured data in that sequence callback, and parse it / format it to needed view.

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Message 2 of 4
(2,442 Views)

Thank you @kosist90

But can u please explain me how to use this function to divide the result of multiple numeric limit test into different sub-sections.

Regards

Suraj

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,436 Views)

Hi,

Can u please divide the result of this multiple numeric limit test into two sections.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,428 Views)