NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a subfolders for each reports ?

Hi,

I would like to find a smart expression with TestStand API to configure in my sequence the report path for each new execution.
Indeed, for each new execution, the sequence create a subfolder in working directory with an unique name where the report is saved in.

Eg. If my sequence is here: "C:\NI TestStand sequences\sequence01\my_sequence.seq"
Then, at the first execution: "C:\NI TestStand sequences\sequence01\report_0000001\my_sequence.xml"
at the second execution: "C:\NI TestStand sequences\sequence01\report_0000002\my_sequence.xml"
etc.

Is there any idea for doing it ? Thank you a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,599 Views)

Would this work?

"$(ClientFileDir)\\$(ClientFileName)\\report_$(Unique)\\$(ClientFileName).$(FileExtension)"

image.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,514 Views)

Hi,

This can be possible by using following methods.

Go to result processing in configure option make sure report is enabled and inside  Report Option-> Report file pathname -> Generate Report file path -> File/Directory option we have drop down menu choose specific report file path by expression.

In Report file path, Just include one more file path directory next to the client file directory. click drop down menu to select which type of folder You want. In drop down menu we have plenty of option for our convenient folder.

I have highlighted the folder which i include in the report option.(attached image)Answer1.PNG

so for the above mentioned  configured a folder will be created in the result folder with current execution time as name. For example folder name will be like this -(8 49 21 AM)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,466 Views)