NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Labview User Interface with buttons?

Hello,

I try to create a user interface, where the TestStand sequencies can be selected one by one not only Test UUT, Single run and run Mainsequence (about 20 buttons needed).

I'm playing with the simple UI shipped with TS and can load the sequence file and run automatically a sequence (Main or another).

How can I create and assign buttons to all sequence files in my TS project?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. (TS 4.0, LV 8.0)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,385 Views)

I've modified my main VI with the below steps.

I still don't know how to create and assign front panel buttons to the user interface.

Anybody could explain to me how do I need to modify the attached part of my main vi and how to assign buttons.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,363 Views)

You may try something like the attached example

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,353 Views)

Thanks for your reply Rodéric.

I had to insert an "Application Mgr. start" but otherwise your example works.

It opens the sequence file, but I want to call sequences in the sequence file.

I'd like to launch them with the front panel buttons.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,311 Views)

Hi kopisti,

you can list the sequencies in sequence file by TS API:

TS.jpg

To run the Sequence, you should to call one of the Execution Entry Points of Sequence.

Regards,

Jiri Keprt

NI EE Czech Republic

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,221 Views)

So you want to call subSequences within the main sequence? If this is what you need I think i can find a solution.

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,201 Views)

I've managed to create the buttons and I can call different sequences in the sequence file (using event structure).

My trouble at the moment is that how to keep the execution in the mainsequence.

I scan UUT and after that the main sequence running through all steps and executing cleanup also.

I need something like activating break function after certain steps in the mainsequence meanwhile on the LV User Interface I can choose and push the sequences I want to launch.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,194 Views)

Hi kopisti,

I recommend you to develop and test this functionality first in TestStand Sequence editor. This is the primary tool to develop tests in TS.

When you will have this functionality running, go to LV.

You can dynamically decide, which subsequence will run based on some conditions.You can run multiple sequencies in parallel and control them by synchronization mechanism (f.e. Notification step)

Regards,

Jiri

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,137 Views)

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your reply.

In the past few weeks I've managed to create a working version using do while loop (watching station global numeric value).

Using notification would be a more elegant solution.

I've no experience with notification and unfortunately haven't found a good example either.

I'm using TS 4.0 and LV 8.0.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,055 Views)

Hi kopisti,

if you will be running the sequences in parallel, as Jiri suggested and are interested in TestStand Notifiers, you could take a look at the following examples using those  - Using TestStand Notifiers within LabVIEW and Sending Notifications from LabVIEW to TestStand Sequences .

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Jano
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,008 Views)