cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose correct Tool for Test Automation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all , 

I have basic knowledge of Teststand And I have given a task to create a Test Automation of ECU (Management ECU , Transmission ECU) . We have LabVIEW 2015 , Teststand 2015. When I search for Test automation using NI teststand , I found NI veristand is useful for real time test application. Referred link are 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13062/en/ 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Past-NIWeek-Sessions/Automating-Embedded-Software-Test-Using-TestStand-Veri...

By referring these, I get confused in Veristand and Teststand as 

1. Veristand runs on Real time system where Teststand does not. But If I use Real time chassis with Teststand ,then whether system  would be same (except timing  parameter) or different? Because Veristand steps are  called from Teststand itself And It is possible to design the sequences in teststand using LabVIEW modules as adapter which run on Real time.

Where can I get more details for comparing Veristand and Teststand .

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,793 Views)

You should call your local NI office. They usually are glad if they can talk with you about these questions.

Depending on the schedule, it is possible that someone can visit you on site as well and talk directly with you in person. During those visits, maybe small demonstrations are possible.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,771 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kManaa

Simplified answer:

Focus of VeriStand is HIL (Hardware In the Loop) and hardware abstraction. Determinism (real time) is mandatory for HIL application.

Focus of TestStand is Automated Test with great flexibility and reporting mechanism. TestStand requires external program code to access hardware.

Esp. the last point of TestStand can make VeriStand a good "partner" for TestStand. Also a more complex system requireming RT and flexibility can be covered with both tools together.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,760 Views)

Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,748 Views)