Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to become a good user/punter in Labview & Test stand

Solved!
Go to solution

HI All,

Good day !!!!!,

i have recently started using NI Test stand & Lab View.

I want to know the scope/Life of NI Test stand & Lab View, by learning this what are companies we can enter/work.

How to become a punter in these. Please do the needful.

Regards,

Sivaprasad.CH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,313 Views)

some of the challenges i see sometimes is that companies dont really know the power of testand/labview and they just dont change and keep relying on that state machine base on a txt file...

just put teststand on any job search engine 

CLAD, CTD
Message 2 of 5
(3,280 Views)

The first thing you should do to look like a professional user is to spell them correctly:

LabVIEW is an acronym (hence the capital letters)

TestStand is one word with a capital S.

I automatically disqualify resumes that don't spell them correctly.  My assumption is that the person is sloppy in the details and will write bad code.  Especially on a resume that should be reviewed multiple times.

As buton mentioned you can go to indeed.com and type in TestStand and see what is out there.  Same goes for LabVIEW.

Most companies that would hire experts in these areas are testing hardware.  However, LabVIEW has recently taken off into other areas, specifically control systems.  In my opinion there are different types of LabVIEW users out there, especially given that there is LabVIEW Embedded and LabVIEW RealTime.  The other thing I notice with LabVIEW jobs in particular is that they want other expertise, for instance RF knowledge or digital knowledge or someone who is great with FPGAs.  In other words, they expect you to be both a Hardware and Software engineer.

Finally, it doesn't hurt to become certified through National Instruments.  For more on that check out this website: http://www.ni.com/training/certification/

Good luck in your search and hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch.sivaprasadreddy

Jigg i liked your comment about how LabView and TestStand is spelled...lol... Although Word goes crazy when you put TestStand and LabView for the first time if you dont add them to the dictionary lol...

I agree also with Jigg about how LabView has many fields of expertise it is hard to be good/expert in all of them. 

Is hard to find a LabView/TestStand job where you will be doing 100% that. Usually what i am seeing is that companies also want you to do some hardware design and know how to lay a pcb board in top of that simulate on spice etc... then you will do the tester also lol....

If you join an small consulting company you will have for breakfast LabView, for lunch LabView and for dinner Labview  🙂 and i bet you will learn a lot.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,266 Views)

Thank you so much Guys for reply.

Jigg, i will correct myself .

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,245 Views)