From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to append 1D array to 2D array (locals)?

Hello,

I have 1D array of data set and need to store that information to Locals (2D array). Each loop I get 1D array data set and append to the 2D array Locals and at the end of the loop, read the Locals and analyze the data. How can I append 1D array to 2D array Locals variable (directly in TestStand)? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,483 Views)

Hello, to insert into a 2d array you have to insert one element at a time. You will need another sub loop that runs through each element of the 1d array that you want to insert into your 2d array.

Hope that helps

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,415 Views)

Or you can try a trick with only one loop 😃 See the attachment.. The recipe is simple:

1. Create Custom data type - Array of ... (type "array" in the example)

2. Create Locals variable of your type "array" - Locals.array1D

3. Create 1D array of elements of type "array" - Locals.array2D

4. Perform a loop for Locals.array2D, on each iteration its current ellement will be defined

5. Access element of a 2D array via Locals.array2D[x][y].. Locals.array2D is a 1D array formaly, but its elements are 1D arrays too. That is why you get a 2D array

Hope that helps,

Max

Message 3 of 5
(6,391 Views)

Hi

1- Concatenate two arrays to a One Dimensional Array with the += Operator

(Locals.Combined2D += Parameters.Independant) += Parameters.Dependant

2- Re-Shape the result to a Two Dimensional Array using the length of one of the original Arrays as Parameter

Locals.Combined2D.Type.ArrayDimensions.SetBounds ( { 0 , 0 } , {Parameters.Independant.GetNumElements() - 1 , 1} )

Message 4 of 5
(3,070 Views)

this sequence contains an error:  

(Locals.Combined2D += Parameters.Independant) += Parameters.Dependant

Expressions must evaluate to a value of the expected type

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,808 Views)