NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pass to TestStand a Parameter Value from LabVIEW as Pull-Down Menu ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW with TestStand. Sometimes when I pass a parameter from a LabVIEW module and it is a Enum ring it passes as a nice pull-down menu where I can select the value needed, but sometimes the menu does not appear at all. How can insure to pass the ring values always as a menu? I attached some snapshots to show the menu in TS.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

H.P.

Mfg. Test Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,020 Views)

What differences do you notice between the different LabVIEW VI terminals' parameters?  If the LabVIEW terminals do not have an enumerated list of values, then there will not be an enumerated list in TestStand.  Have you seen it where the LabVIEW terminals do have an enumerated list of values but you still do not see that list in TestStand?  If so, please send an example VI and pared-down TestStand Sequence file that shows this behavior so that we can look at it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,976 Views)

Also,can you please let us know which versions of TestStand and LabVIEW you are using? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,973 Views)

Hi Mark, Thanks for you reply.

The attached vi contains a U8 ring named "command". I use to it to programmatically simulate a keyboard actuation (F1 to F12).

By the time TS runs the step that calls this vi, a second application is running and it is being controlled by the function keys of the keyboard. So, I need to run the same vi several times but with different "command" values. The command value list of the LabVIEW ring does not pass to TS as a menu. What should I take in consideration to always pass it as a menu?

I also attached a TS sequence that list part of the program where the vi is called.

I'm working with LabVIEW 8.6 and TestStand 4.1.1

Thank you,

H.P.

Mfg. Test Engineer
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,944 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hecuba
Your control would have to be an enum. Your text ring is really no different than a normal numeric control. In your case, you can't just replace the text ring with an enum because an enum requires unique values and you have multiple selections with 'Reserved' as the text.
Message 5 of 6
(3,919 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I replaced the text ring with an enum renaming the 'Reserved fields' with unique item values and reloaded the 'VI Prototype' from TestStand. Now, I have the pull-down menu I expected in the value field of the Module.

Thanks for your help.

Mfg. Test Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,801 Views)