From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change Testand Report Format to Excel instead

What is the best Way to change my Teststand Report Format to Excel Instead of XML, HTML, ATML, ASII, etc, ...

Should I do this inside of the Reporting Process Model, reporting to Excel is not an option by default.  Is there a simple way to make Excel the default Datalog output From Teststand?  Or will I have to customize my Teststand Sequence to do this like before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,707 Views)

Process model plugins are the proper answer here.  From the TestStand help this gives a pretty good explanation: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/process_model_plugin_a...

It's not trivial to do what you want.  You have to recurse through the MainSequence results and inject the data into the correct cells. 

I've written several Excel plugins.  The trick is knowing how to map the data from your test to the proper sheet and cell.

Let me know if you have specific questions or thoughts.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,690 Views)

Hi 

I need help, how can I change teststand report to Excel format

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,321 Views)

There is no out of the box (Test Stand box) solution for this. You can write your own plugin as Sam explained. To do so, you will need to use Excel API (you will find plenty of examples how to do this in LabVIEW in the internet).

Other option (not perfect though) is to generate CSV file. Excel can deal with it quite well.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,288 Views)

Hi, 

In addition to the options listed in this post, you can try to use Model Plug-in - Simple Text Report - NI

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

Message 5 of 5
(1,252 Views)