NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my own mytypes.ini?

I've set my Configuration Dir (Config\Station Options\Peferences) to be in our source controlled directory tree.  And I see all the .ini files, including mytypes.ini there.  But when I created a new type it was saved to the default testStand directory and NOT to my config dir.  How do I get it to save to my Config Dir?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,268 Views)

Hi,

That setting is only the config files not the type palette files. You need to select the type file by View | Types, then select MyTypes.ini, right mouse click and select Customise Type Palettes. Then you can chnage the file location.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,260 Views)
Thanks for the info.  It worked, but none of the other .ini files changed.  I don't see where the info on my MyTypes.ini is stored.   I'm wondering if this info will be lost when I upgrade to the next TestStand version. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,255 Views)

Hi,

Its probably in one of the Configuration files for the SeqEditor.

It's more than likely that when you install a later version of TestStand that you will have to re-point it to look for your version of MyTypes.ini.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,235 Views)
Okay, thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,222 Views)

Prog Bill,

TestStand maintains the list of type pallettes in the TestExec.ini file.  If you were to copy your TestExec.ini file to a new machine or new installation of TestStand, that would also transfer your list of type palettes (as well as search directories, and many other settings).

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,210 Views)

Hi,  

How can i do that in LabVIEW?

Best Regards
Sumit Memane
CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,038 Views)

sumit04,

Thanks for posting on our forums. I found some articles on our support site related to this issue which may help you programmatically do this in LabVIEW.

Type Palette Files

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/types_window_type_pale...

SetTypePaletteFileList Method

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsapiref/reftopics/engine_settypepalettefilelist_...

I would recommend in the future you create a new topic on the forums, rather than posting on an old thread, as you'd likely get more help that way.

I hope this information helps!

Patrick O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,017 Views)