NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up TestStand database logging to my remote network server?

How do I set up TestStand database logging to my remote network server?

First, I need to send test logs from my board level multiple test stations to my database on a remote network server. Next, during my system test I need to access database on my remote network server and verify if particular board passed board level test before continuing with testing.

Thank you,

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,802 Views)

Configure >> Database Options

Enable logging on first tab

Set up your connection to the network database using a connection string or .udl in the second tab

To access a database use the Open Database step and click on the Edit Open Database button in the step settings. Enter the connection string information. See the example project in the TestStand\Examples\Database folder on your PC for more information.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,798 Views)

I recommend that you read Chapter 6, Database Logging and Report Generation in the TestStand Reference Manual. The Using Database Logging section outlines steps for creating default tables on the server DB that you are using and configureing the database options.There is other valuable information in the chapter such as how the logger works, the structure of the default tables that TestStand uses, and more

I think that you will need to be more specific for your questions after you go thru that.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,787 Views)

FYI, the link above is to an older copy of the manual (2003), so you should refer to the PDF that is included with your version of TestStand. Note that starting in TestStand 2012, the manual content is now moved to on-line help. You can also access this TestStand 2012 pecific chapter on ni.com here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/TOC21.htm

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,766 Views)

Could you please provide an example for the connection string information or .udl sample file to set up my connection? In my case my remote server ip address is: 10.20.18.165, database location is:  c:\TestStand 1x Results.mdb.

Thank you,

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,739 Views)

If you are using an mdb file you are using Access. Access does not support remote server connections via an IP address. You can only share the directory from the remote server and access it via a network mapped drive.

If you were using SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL, then you would connect to the database using a host name.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,728 Views)