NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I run TestStand remotely via DCOM from VB

I see there is a switch in the Sequence Editor to run TestStand remotely. I am familiar on how to setup DCOM between DCOM servers created with VB. A .vbr and .tlb file are installed on the client machine which define the server interfaces. Do these files exist for the TestStand API? Generally, how do I setup to access the TestStand API from a remote machine via VB?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,908 Views)
The TestStand option that you mentioned is meant to be used with a sequence call step, when you specify the calling sequence to be executed in a remote computer.(To configure the step, Right click in the Sequence Call Step->Select Specify Module and under MultiThreading and Remote Execution select Remote Execution).

There is no TestStand .tlb or .vbr file; in other words, as far as I know you can't call the TestStand API directly from a remote computer. However, you can setup TestStand to execute a SEQUENCE remotely, and in this case both computers Client and Server need to have the TestStand engine installed.

In addition, remember that each computer running TestStand needs a lisence.

If you need more information about how to setup remote SEQUENCE e
xecution, I suggest you to take a look at TestStand 2.0 User manual page 13-44. It describes how to setup TestStand for remote SEQUENCE execution.

Regards,

Roberto Piacentini
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,908 Views)