From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I measure the minimum p-p cycle in a sine wave up to 6 KHz?

A shaft speed transducer (150 tooth wheel and magnetic pick-off) generates a sine wave. At various frequencies (up to 6 KHz), if the p-p amplitude of a cycle out of any 150 contiguous cycles (1 revolution) is less than a given voltage, the unit must be rejected.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,082 Views)
Marlon,

Are you sure that you meant to post this to the TestStand group? I don't see how the questions is related to TestStand.

The answer really depends on the hardware and software you are using to measure the signal. You tansduce sends out a signal that must be acquired. Are you sending this signal into a DAQ board. If so, what software are you using to retrieve the data from the DAQ board. If you are using LabVIEW (version ?) or LabWindows CVI then you may be able to use some of their built-in signal processing functions. If you are using LV or CVI, it may be better to address the question to one of those DevExchange groups.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,082 Views)
Thanks Nemo!
I've posted the same question to the LabWindows CVI group. I've never used any of the NI products, so I don't know how things are organized. I'm hoping that the TestStand package will help me to develop this application (it's a test stand). I guess LabView or LabWindows CVI is part of the TestStand package.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,082 Views)
Marlon,

This question seems to be more geared towards our DAQ technical support; however, it does tie into TestStand somewhat. So, you can use one of our DAQ boards (you will have to determine what type of resolution you are looking for) to read the sinusoidal voltage signal via the application software you choose to use (ie. LabVIEW, CVI, or MSVC++). From here, you can use the TestStand (the specific code module adapter you use will obviously depend on the application software you wrote your code with)"Multiple Numeric Limit Test" step to check the voltage array, acquired from your DAQ board, against the limits you define. For more details on the correct DAQ board, please e-mail or call a DAQ Support Engineer; likewise, for more detailed implementation questions about the Te
stStand portion of this e-mail, please e-mail us again.

Best Regards,
Ryan Wynn
TestStand Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,082 Views)