From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make an OLE DB Connection from inside a .NET Action Step (C#)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to make a OLE DB connection to a MS Access file on my computer. I'm trying to do it by having a .NET Action Step in TestStand call a method that I've written in C# that makes the connection, queries the database, etc. I have attached a sequence file and C# code that illustrates what I'm doing.

When I call the method, I get this error (I have attached a screenshot of the error in TestStand):

System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Why am I getting this error and how can I get around it?

I know Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is registered on my local machine because if I call the same method from Main() in my compiled C# code, it will work fine. There's clearly something different between when Main() calls the method and when TestStand calls the method, but I don't know what it is.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dana517

If it works in your C# app, but not in TestStand, you should probably double check that you are using the same bitness (32 vs 64) for both.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(874 Views)

That was it! It's 64-bit TestStand. In Visual Studio, I went into the Project Properties > Build and the checkbox was checked for "Prefer 32-bit". After I unchecked it, the same exception comes up outside of TestStand as well as inside. Which is fine. I can figure that one out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(868 Views)