NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a custom "UUT Information" dialog box?

I have made a test sequence based on the parallel model “ParallelModel.seq”; it has 14 parallel processes which call LabVIEW VIs. It works, but I want to bypass the “UUT Information” dialog box because it requires me to enter 14 serial numbers and click 14 “Next UUT” buttons. That is not fun. I want to replace that “UUT Information” dialog box with a custom dialog box where I can scan a single barcode, and it will launch the 14 parallel processes and programmatically generate their “UUT Serial Number” fields from that single barcode.

How should I do this? I can write LabVIEW VIs if that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,893 Views)

Hi,

I would carefully study both the Batch Process Model and the Parallel Model. The TestStand Reference Manual, Appendix A Process Model Architecture has a very brief recommendation about when to use these models in a section called Parallel and Batch Models. If you start with the one that is closest to what you want to end up with, your modifications should be easier to make. 

There are some simple examples here

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2010 SP1\Examples\ProcessModels

cc

Message 2 of 4
(3,871 Views)

You need to customise the pre uut - check the link below.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Change-type-of-UUT-serial-number/m-p/2063522#M37951

Please note that in parallel model all the threads work independently i.e. if thread 1 is scanning the UUT ,thread 2 can be running the main sequence,thread 3 can be finishing the test,etc.

What you want is all of them scanned at the same time and continue independently after that ( batch model works that way)

You can do it in parallel model also using synchronisation steps like rendevous.It will need little bit of programming from your side.

The steps you will take can be :

Over ride Pre UUT

Launch the UUT Scan dialog for thread 0 only.

All other threads will wait for the scan dialog to close (using rendevous step type or similar logic)

On scanning complete store the scanned data in a global variable so that all threads can access it.

Each thread can read the respective serial data and continue execution.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
(3,860 Views)

This will take some learning time, thanks both for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,854 Views)