NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide the executing screen from view and only show status information? Do I modify attributes in the type palette?

I want to hide the screen while it is executing, and only show custom-made status information while any test is running. I'm not sure if I start by modifying attributes in the type palette.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,073 Views)
Hi,

Its a bit unclear as to what you wish to hide. Is it the Sequence Editor or one of the Operator Interfaces. Also, when you have hidden the screen, where do you wish to display this custom-made status information.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,073 Views)
Hi Ray,
What I am trying to do is hide the execution screen, the sequence editor and the rest of the GUI so that the user basically calls up a test to run, and doesn't see any of the background events occuring (similar to exiting to a DOS screen and showing only the output of test results). I read in the KnowledgeBase about how to make the Execution Window dissappear, but this is for a factory, automated test and we don't wish to show the user any activity except prompts on a blank screen to let him select tests from a menu. I am just starting to learn TestStand through reading the course manual, but it seems that there must be a way to do this. Maybe by hiding it behind a operator interface that looks a lot like a DOS text screen.
Thanks,
John J.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,073 Views)
Have you looked at the simple user interface examples? The source code is provided for CVI, LabVIEW, Visual Basic, and MFC. You may have to modify one to meet your needs exactly but they, along with the other, more complex operator interfaces provided, are a good place to start.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,073 Views)