NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the name of the previous step in TestStand

I am trying to get the name of the previous step in TestStand. I keep running into the suggestion to use RunState.PreviousStep.Name() which seems so logical. However, in version 2013 I will be darned if I can even find this property in the expression browser.  It doesn't show during development mode or in run time.  I can find the previous step index, but not the name.  What the heck am I missing? Every time I have to try and deal with a TS property I lose hair and there isn't much left.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,484 Views)

Name is a property, so you don't need the brackets.

I am not sure if TS 2013 already allows direct access to the name of the step like that. If not, you need PreviousStep.AsPropertyObject().Name.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,438 Views)

Hello,

You can use as well NameOf(RunState.PreviousStep)

Message 3 of 6
(4,434 Views)

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,415 Views)

Use Run State Property Methods where you can access all the properties related to the sequence currently executing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6
(4,340 Views)

RunState.Sequence.Main["//Step name from Main Step Group"].Name

You can use above property to get name of any step

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
Message 6 of 6
(4,336 Views)