NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I display a progress bar in TestStand and update it using expressions?

Solved!
Go to solution

Subject says it all..

Thanks,

Dominik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,910 Views)

Do you want it to be a separate dialog?  Do you want to use a control on the UI?  Do you want to use the built in Status Bar progress?

The full-featured UI already has the status bar and you can update it with the following UI Message:

UIMsg_ProgressPercent–(Value: 11) TestStand step modules post this message to the user interface to notify it to update the progress indicator associated with an execution. The activeXDataParam parameter specifies an execution. The numericDataParam parameter specifies a value from 0 to 100 that indicates the percentage of progress the current execution reports. This value indicates the progress of operations for which the execution chooses to report the amount of progress. The value does not necessarily reflect the progress of the execution as a whole.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,902 Views)

I would like to use the built in status bar. Could you explain it step by step? For example, I inserted an expression step. What would I need to type in to the expression in order to change the progress on the built in status bar? A link to an example would be great too. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,896 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Dominik-E

I threw this together.  Let me know if it is enough or if you have questions.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 6
(6,886 Views)

Yup, that answers it exactly. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,871 Views)

What if I need a Separate Dialog box,

My requirement is to show a separate dialog box with the progress of steps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(878 Views)