From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the Status Message of the Batch Model Pre UUT dialog.

I'm changing the DLL call of the Batch Model Dialog to a LabVIEW version because I want to include P/N and Rev info. I was wondering how I can have some visibility into 1. What gets passed back and forth, and 2. How can I change the Status Message box of the dialog. I'm making an array of clusters right now to show and allow the user to fill the info and am then passing that back to TestStand.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,252 Views)
The task you are undertaking is by no means a trivial one. For instance, trying develop some of the features that are implemented in the batch dialog are not easily implemented within the LabVIEW environment. As an example, the number of test socket serial number controls are dynamically generated based upon the number of test sockets you specify inside of Configure>>Model Options. In order to gain an insight into the operation of the Batch Model, I would suggest that you reference the PDF document \Components\User\Models\TestStandModels\TestStandProcessModels.PDF. This will give you some idea on how the batch model functions.

I think what we need in this situation is a stage in where you are at in the development of your dialog. Do you have somet
hing working or are you just searching for possible ideas. Maybe some more specific questions may help in determining a solution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,252 Views)
Bob,

Thanks for the help. I've got something up and running that actually works quite well. I was hoping to understand the DLL version, but decided to scrap that idea and start from scratch. I've included more hooks so that I can pass message info into the dialog so that there is more flexibility. Besides the fact that it's now a LabVIEW dialog which I can easily manipulate.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,252 Views)
Hi,

Have you had a look at the two examples in the examples|callbacks|batchmodel.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,252 Views)
Thanks for the comment Ray.
I want to modify the Process Model directly as I want it to be permanent. The modify callback is another approach to the same problem, but I would need to include it in all the sequences.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,252 Views)