From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get LabVIEW Parameter Value

how can I get the LabVIEW Parameter Value of the step using LabVIEW adapter in my own operator interface.

Could someone give me a simple example about that? thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,144 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4532

Use UI Messages.  If you took the TestStand classes provided by NI then there is an example in TestStand II that does exactly what you want.

Here's an overview of good UI practices:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7560

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,140 Views)

In fact, I want to edit the parameters of  steps using labview adapter in my operater interface, but not get the value of step when running a sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,131 Views)

Do you just want to change the value of a parameter?  Or are you interested in changing the actual prototype of the VI?

Would this be during run-time or would it be changing the values of the sequence file?

If it is dynamically then you would still use UI Messages as I pointed out before.  Let me see if I can lay out a situation.

Let's say I have a LV step with 1 parameter.  Let's say that parameter is a number.  So then I would create a Local variable that is also a number.  Then I pass that Local variable to the LV step as the parameter.  Now just before the step is called I send a UI Message with the sequence context as my parameter.  Once you have the sequence context in your UI you are then able to manipulate any Locals and/or FileGlobals.

If you want to actually use the adapter to manipulate things then it is a lot trickier.  In fact I would say it is better at that point to just purchase the Sequence Editor Development License and use a customized sequence editor.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,123 Views)

I want to change the parameter values of the labview step of the sequence file in my customed seq edit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,115 Views)