NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the subsequence name?

I want to use the subsequcename, but I cannot get it. Do you have some suggestions?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,262 Views)

Can you Brief your requirment much more clear?

Do you want to use the sub sequence name during run time?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,257 Views)

I assume that you want to call the subsequence. Correct?

If so, use the Sequence Call step and configure the subsequence as module.

If you want to rename the subsequence, select it in the sequence pane and press F2 (standard key in Windows for renaming things).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,253 Views)

Yes, I want to acquire the subsequence name in run-time. I have a sequence file consists of one mainsequence and too much subsequences, so I want to acquire their names easily without manual operation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,252 Views)

Thank you all the same.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,251 Views)

What is the purpose of this? In case you want to have this for documentation purposes, there is the "Sequence File Documentation" tool (Tools) you can use.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,245 Views)

Hi,

You can aquire the subsequence name at run-time, from within the subsequence, by using the following expression:

RunState.Caller.Step.Module.AsSequenceCallModule.SeqName

Regards,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,241 Views)

I want to generate a custom report by LabVIEW, so I should give the subsequence name to a VI to finish the report.   

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,240 Views)

Besides i fear that you create yourself unnecessary work (read: instead of modifying TS reporting creating a complete new one), you should have step storing "RunState.Sequence.Name". You then pick up this variable in your LV reporting code.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,236 Views)

Thank you very much! The report generated by TS is too complex to our workers, so I want to find a friendly one. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,230 Views)