NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I execute specific Sequences chained with TestStand API

Hi, I have a sequence file with several subsequences. Is there any way to run a bunch of sub sequences with the TestStand API?

I am building a TestStand User Interface in LabVIEW and this feature would be useful.

In this moment I have a listbox  which is populated with the Subsequences Names of the selected Sequence File but I don't know if there is way to use any Collection and CommandKind to perform the described above. I have only seen the "RunCurrentSequence" Command Kind which let you execute the sequence selected in the Sequences Combobox but is just 1 sequence, I want to be able to use the listbox selections and running all the selected sequences.

Thanks for the help you can give me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,971 Views)

What is the use-case of this setup? Sequence development?

Please note that you can always have a master sequence sitting above those specific test sequences which calls into them in the correct order/configuration. (Read: replace the listbox LV wise with a sequence view "master"...)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,960 Views)

The intention is have the opportunity to execute just certain tests instead the full sequence.

I would appreciate if you could give me some example of the concept exposed..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,931 Views)

You are aware that TestStand provides the "Run Selected Steps" feature?

You should include this in your Editor UI which is usable on existing sequences (Step View).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,918 Views)