NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can ı do parallel test?

Hi. I'm using Test Stand 2012 beginner level. I want to run two test programs same time. How can i do it? Please help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,265 Views)

Hey ergin,

There are several ways you can run multiple tests at once. I'll describe two main scenarios and we can provide more detail if needed depending on which one you want.

1) Testing Multiple UUTs at Once

If you want to run the same set of steps on two units at the same time, you can use either the Parallel or Batch process models to handle the multithreading. To change the process model to one of these, simply go to Edit > Sequence File Properties, click on the Advanced tab, and set the Model Option to ParallelModel.seq or BatchModel.seq.

2) Running Multiple Tests on One UUT at Once

If you want to speed up your testing of a single UUT by running multiple tests at the same time,you can put one set of tests in a new subsequence and call that subsequence from your main sequenece with a Sequence Call step. The Sequence Call step has a setting to execute in a new thread, and if you set that, the subsequence will execute while the rest of your code continues to execute. This will allow you to run multiple tests at the same time.

Does one of these options sound like what you are looking for? If so, we would be happy to answer any further questions you may have about it. If not, just let us know what you want to do, and we can probably suggest a way to organize it in TestStand.

Message 2 of 10
(5,263 Views)

I want to run two different sequence same time. I make electronic card function test systems.For example; "a" and "b" two different cards and i want to test this card same time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,257 Views)

If you are wanting to run two separate pieces of code for different models of cards at the same time, this is what I would do:

1) Create a separate sequence file for each card

2) Create a master sequence file to run the test. This master file would have two Sequence Call steps in it. Each one would reference the MainSequence from one of your sequence files from step 1, and each sequence call would be set to execute in a new thread.

In TestStand there are always multiple ways to solve a problem, but this is a simple approach to what you're trying to do and should get you started on it. The advantage to putting the tests for each type of card in a separate file is that it logically organizes your code and makes things easier to develop and debug. You can work on each set of tests individually and be confident that they do not have unknown dependencies on each other.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,254 Views)

Thanks but i didnt understand it. I'm writing my project. If you have solution; please help me.

I make a test system which is the testing two same cards in same time. But test time not same. So i didnt want to wait two test finish. I want to start new test which one to finish.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,247 Views)

If you have multiple units which are the same (same type of card) but the test time for each card can change, the Parallel process model is the best approach. To do that, you would have a sequence file with all of your tests in it, and just use the Edit > Sequence File Properties setting mentioned earlier to use the ParallelModel.seq. This will allow you to start multiple tests (multiple cards) and when each one finishes, you can go ahead and put a new card in that socket and start another test, even if the other card is still testing. Here is a Help topic on the Parallel process model: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052M-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/parallel/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,244 Views)

Thanks for your help. I solve my problem. I want to ask another question. I live in Turkey and my costumer want to translate to sequence result. For example when sequence true, besides writing "passed". I want to change "passed". Is it possible? Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,223 Views)

Hey ergin,

Here's a document on localizing TestStand to your language: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6046/en/

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any more questions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,204 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,178 Views)

I changed uut information box, but ı didnt change sequence result. I add a picture. Please send me how can ı do it

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,177 Views)