NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How automatically importing callbacks (PreUUTloop) of Testexecutive sequences into converted Teststand sequences ?

Testexecutive sequences converted succesfully, teststand2.0 loads sequences without errors, but callback (PreUUTloop, PostUUTloop) vi's are not included.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,189 Views)
Hi,
You cannot use the callback VIs directly in TestStand. Information about LabVIEW TestExecutive compatibility with TestStand is available in a help file called LVTECompatibility.hlp which is located in your \Doc.

Below is the relevant text from the help file:

You cannot use Sequence callback VIs from the LabVIEW Test Executive in TestStand. TestStand, however, handles callbacks in a similar and more flexible way. For more information on the TestStand callback capabilities and process models, please refer to the TestStand User Manual.
All converted LabVIEW Test Executive sequences use the TestStand default model sequence, TestStandModel.seq to provide sequence callback functionality.

Anand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,189 Views)
Hy Anad, thanks for answer.
I have knowledge of the incompatibility, but i only want to transfer my own vi's to the teststand sequences, and not use testexecutive vi's.
I went through all these helpfiles and did a lot of other research (even analyzed model vi's etc. but not the model dll's)
Transfering vi's manually to teststand PreUUTloop sequence works if it has been enabled previously, (model default has it disabled) so why can't this be automated for the special purpose?
regards etrs."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,189 Views)
Hello, etrs. I'll do my best to answer your question.

The sequence callback VIs from the LabVIEW Test Executive cannot be used in TestStand. For this reason, the sequence file converter does not automatically include the sequence callback VIs in converted sequences. Converted sequences use the default TestStand model sequence to provide sequence callback functionality.

This means that you will have to implement the functionality provided by the callback VIs as steps in the PreUUTloop and PostUUTloop sequences of the default TestStand model sequence.

Refer to the TestStand User Manual for more information on using TestStand's callback capabilities.

I hope this helps.
Mark Ridgley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,189 Views)
Hy marc, thanks for answer.
I have knowledge of the incompatibility, but i only want to transfer my own vi's to the teststand sequences, and not use testexecutive vi's.
Transfering vi's manually to teststand PreUUTloop sequence works if it has been enabled previously, (model default has it disabled) why can't this be also automated for this special purpose?
regards etrs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,189 Views)