NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Loop Whole Sequence?

How is inserting a sequence call and looping on it complicated?

Or better yet, just uses the Test UUTs entry point of the process model if the loops are for separate UUTs. That's what it's for. What fundamental functionality do you feel teststand is missing?

-Doug

Message 11 of 16
(1,655 Views)

Hi Doug,

Maybe I was improper with my verbage as this obviously came off harsh. My apologies.

I should have described in more detail. In many of the automated test environments we use, there is already a option dialog with something like:

Loop:

a. Continuous

b. x Times

c. Until fail

Do all (do not stop on fail)

I understand that it's not difficult to implement, would just be a good feature to have built-in.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,633 Views)

You just need to insert a sequence call to the sequence you want to loop, then you can set the same standard loop options like in every other step.

The available looping options are almost the same you described here.

Alex

Message 13 of 16
(1,629 Views)

@Alexander Bauer wrote:

You just need to insert a sequence call to the sequence you want to loop, then you can set the same standard loop options like in every other step.

The available looping options are almost the same you described here.

Alex

And here's a picture of the built-in feature.

Message 14 of 16
(1,621 Views)

Like Alexander and Paul explained, such a feature as you are asking for already exists, both in the normal execution case, and in the interactive execution case. Here is the loop options for the normal execution case (see attachment).

This should allow you to easily do everything you mentioned.

-Doug

Message 15 of 16
(1,609 Views)

Alex, Paul, Doug,

Thanks for the info and easy solutions! There are a few different ways to quickly implement it seems. Just a matter of time before I actually know what I'm doing. Ha.

Thanks again,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,592 Views)