NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How TestStand knows the DLL parameters?

Solved!
Go to solution

For a DLL code module, TestStand do not need the .h file, no need the export file , no LIB file , only by one DLL, teststand knows every information of the DLL, the functions and its parameters. The DLL file already include all the information?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,492 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkZhou

There are ways in C/C++ to compile header information into a DLL. This can be done by e.g. LabWindows/CVI from NI.

If you have a DLL containing the header information, the C/C++-DLL adapter (and CVI adapter alike) will read out that information directly from the DLL and populate the function drop-down field. If the header information also include the information on the parameters for each function, the adapter will also populate the list of parameters when the function is selected.

You can check the presence of header information by simply opening the DLL file in a text editor. If you find function names in clear text, the adapter will provide the function names. If you find parameter names in clear text, same applies for the parameters as well. If you find nothing, the adapter will not show any selectable function nor any parameter.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,454 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the information , I try to use notepad to open the DLL generated by CVI,I did find the function information in TXT.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,420 Views)

What about if the function definitions of dll are only found in separate header (.h) file? How can I pass header files to TestStand?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,373 Views)