cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Step in report without disabling result recording

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

For particular step, I would like to hide in report (XML) but I don't want to remove it in resultlist (I want to keep result recording)?

Is it possible and hwo can I do?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,839 Views)

Hello maxmont,

Strictly speaking, if you are recording a step in the ResultList, you will have it in the XML file. But it is still possible to cutomize the XSL associated with your XML file.

This style sheet is responsible of formatting the XML raw data, in order to get something "human readible". So, by adding a formatting rule to the XSL stylesheet, you should be able to not format a particular step... as long as you can define a rule to hide this particular step. It could be a specific StepType filtering, of the presence of a specific property...

My feeling is this is not the easy way. Why having to hide some steps while they are recorded ? If they are not needed, why not just ignore them in result recording ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,803 Views)

thanks for your response.

I want to keep result in results list  for future needs.

In fact I want to hide result in XML report but I will have to keep the result for other reports.

TestStand could use a flag like IncludeInReport to filter step we want.

I think I will manage that by myself.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,730 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maxmont

Hi all,

Finally, I'm using XSL transformation for filtering step I want to display.

In original horizontal.xsl, there is a function we can customize for our needs : CheckIfStepSatisfiesFilteringCondition_node

I can filter Step by Name, Status and Type.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,702 Views)