From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Test UUT button during execution

Solved!
Go to solution
Is there an easy way to hide the entry point button "Test UUTs" once it is clicked?  I want to prevent an operator from starting up duplicate test executions.

I am using TestStand 3.5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,412 Views)
The button you are talking about is a ActiveX Button, and has a property called "Enabled". If you set this property to "false", it will be greyed out and not operatable, until you set the property back to "true". You can do this either with a property-node, if you are using LabView, or with the aproperiate function in a textbased IDE.

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,400 Views)
Thanks Andre,
I was hoping that there was an option that I could set either in the teststand station options or the activeX button itself that would perform this automaticly.  Something like a checkbox that "allow only one entrypoint execution" or something like that.  It probably doesn't fit with the parallel/muliple exectuion style that TestStand is built on however.

So, I will do it progmatically then.
Thanks again,
Paul
Message 3 of 8
(5,395 Views)

Paul,

One way you can do this is to make a small modification to the Process Model so that the Entry Point becomes disabled when an execution is running.  I used the following steps to make the behavior you wanted.

1)  Create a StationGlobal called ExecutionRunning.

2)  Add a step to the setup and cleanup of each Entry Point.  This step should set StationGlobals.ExecutionRunning to true and false respectively.

3)  In your Process Model, for each entry point change the "Enabled Expression" to be !StationGlobals.ExecutionRunning.

This should give you the behavior you want.  However, if you Abort an execution, rather than Terminate, the Cleanup group will not run, and the StationGlobal will never be reset.  If you are using an Operator Interface, you may want to not allow users to Abort an execution or have a Configuration Entry point that allows (certain) users to reset that Station Global.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paulmw

Thanks for the help,

What I ended up doing was using the PostUI message in the custom user message range (above 10000).  Then I created a callback vi to handle user messages.  I passed a reference to the Test UUT entry point button and enable or disable it.  Basicly I can have my sequence handle the state of this button.  The Post UI messages happen in the process setup and cleanup of my sequence files.

I attached a snapshot of the callback vi.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,376 Views)

Hello AllenP,

"3)  In your Process Model, for each entry point change the "Enabled Expression" to be !StationGlobals.ExecutionRunning."

where can I find this in the Process Model? I need this for the ENTRYPOINT2.

thankyou

schwede

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,669 Views)

Schwede,

You can get this by opening the process model, select the Single Pass sequence (ENTRYPOINT2), and then from the menubar, select Edit -> Sequence Properties...

In the Single Pass Properties dialog, select the Model tab to get to the Entry Point Enabled Expression. You can then modify it as described.

Hope this helps.

-Jack

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,619 Views)

I'm trying to do something similar but I want to programmatically hide/disable the Terminate All and Abort All buttons.  I know these can be removed from the Sequence Editor interface but we have 3 different test stands and 7 different users that would be required to change it and then it's just a matter of resetting the interface to get them back.

I read this  " I passed a reference to the Test UUT entry point button and enable or disable it"

But I'm not sure which path to go down to figure out how to get this reference.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,288 Views)