From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Description column, hide Settings column

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to hide (not show) the Step Description column and the Step Setting Columns?  This looks like (too much) debug info and I need it to go away or hide it.  TestStand 2020.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,758 Views)

OK, I found a way to remove/hide the columns of interest.

richjoh_0-1636986276211.png

A first time for everything.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,726 Views)
Solution
Accepted by richjoh

This setting is saved in LocalAppData in SeqEdit.xml - just in case you need to copy this setting.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,713 Views)

Thanks. Excellent tip since I need to deploy automated test stations.  This can be programmatically done with the installer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,706 Views)

See this: https://github.com/425J/LayoutLoader 

You might find this useful.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,699 Views)

In the attachment, you will also find an example of how to delete columns programmatically.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,695 Views)

Michal,

Can you make your sequence file TS version 2020.  I'm not using 2021 as yet.  

Thanks for the tip.

One more thing, I haven't found a way to make the "Step Settings" go away and don't show.  I close it, run a sequence, return to and its back.  Let me know if there is a way.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,518 Views)

So I discovered "Step Settings" will stay out of view only if it is Resize to a line then click X to close.  When it reappears after a sequence run it will appear as a line again with the X shown.

Not a 100% solution but it is out of the way. I wanted a way to make Test Setting disappear during and after a sequence run.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,512 Views)