NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Report Options window does not appear when selected

In TestStand 4.0, when I select Configure >> Report Options... from the menu, the Report Options window does not appear.

This is only happening on one of my PCs - all others, installed from the same location, work fine.

A "repair" of the installation, via the Windows Add/Remove Programs application does not fix it.

Is there anything else I can try, short of removing and re-installing the software?

Thanks, in advance, for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,149 Views)

Hey JKabler,

You will most likely have to do a full uninstall and reinstall.  But if I were you I'd check my file hierarchy and compare it with the other machines to make sure everything matches up.   

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,143 Views)

~jiggawax~,

Thanks for the response!

We tried un-installing and re-installing TestStand today - no luck there. Could there be other software "parts" that I might need to re-install as well (LabView, Device Drivers, etc)?

We also did a cursory file hierarchy comparison between the two systems - there were significant differences - but, nothing that seemed to apply to report configuration.  Is there an area we should concentrate on?

Another observation we made today.... We used the version selector to swap to TestStand 3.5 and the "Report Options..." selection was completely missing from the Tools menu - on both the working and non-working system! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,121 Views)

Do you have 3.5 on that machine as well?  Are you saying the Report Options... was gone in 3.5 or when you switched back to 4.0?  I really don't think any other "parts" would affect this.  This is purely a TestStand function. 

I would definitely focus in the Bin folder to see if all the same dlls are there.  What you can do- although since the machine seems to be screwed over anyhow- if you don't have any personal files under the TestStand 4.x folder then you can delete everything in there and copy from another machine.  Make sure it's the same version. 

I think that they use .NET to program TS nowadays.  So maybe somethings wrong with your GAC that isn't allowing certain controls in the Station Options Dialog to be loaded.  Although that should get fixed with a reinstall.  Have seen any other applications exhibit this behavior?

I'm not sure you realize this or not but when you use the version selector it basically changes a bunch of crap in the registry to match up with the version you want.  That way it knows where all the files and such are.  Don't know if that could be helpful in dbugging or not.

Sounds like a crazy issue.  I've never seen that before.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,116 Views)

Hi,

the configure report option drop down in the menu is actually calling a configuration entry point in the currently selected process model.

If you look at the bottom status bar in the sequence editor (regardless of TS version) you should see a file listed. This is the currently selected process model.

If you double click that file, it will open up in the sequence editor. If there is no path / filename to click on, then there's no process model selected hence you won't be able to select the report options.

If the file does open up, have a look through the list of sequences in the process model. One of them should be "Configure Report Options" and have a dark blue / purple icon next to it. Try clicking on that sequence to select it, and then try running that sequence from the "Execute->Run Configure Report Options".

If that works, then the link between the menu in the sequence editor and the process model configuration callback sequence is where the fault is (though how to fix that without an uninstall / re-install which you've already done I don't know).

If that doesn't work, then dig into the seqeunce and see if it's broken at some point, or atleast check it's calling sensible things.

Hope that helps

Sacha Emery

ATE Systems Engineer NIUK

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
(3,106 Views)

OK Yeah so I'm pretty much and idiot and even though I typed Report Options above I've been thinking Station Options this entire time.  The Report Options dialog is part of the modelsupport2.dll located in your TS\Components\NI\Models\TSModels\ folder.  That is the dll you want to make sure is there.   If for some reason that dll got screwed up (you do have the source code for it) and placed in the User\Models\TSModels folder then TS will look in the User folder first.  I think this should get deleted and when you uninstall and reinstall but not sure since it IS a peronal file.

You can just delete everything in the User directory if you haven't changed any of it.  Then TS will look in the NI folder.

Thanks for the obvious SachaE 

Regards,

Message Edited by ~jiggawax~ on 09-12-2008 09:38 AM
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,099 Views)

Thanks everybody for the support - I have the problem solved,

Sacha - especially thanks to you - your post pointed me in the right direction.  I would glady rate your message if you would tell me how - I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

As it turns out, we are using a custom model which was developed in 3.5 and has type conflicts with the 4.0 ModelSupport.seq file.  Whomever loaded the custom model did not open and save both files to resolve the conflict.  To make matters worse, the editor was set to ignore run-time errors - so, the error was never presented to the developer - the window simply did not appear when accessed. 

Message Edited by JKabler on 09-12-2008 12:24 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,091 Views)