NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML file path in property somewhere?

Hi,

I know that teststand derives the full html filename and path from the report options.  I'm trying to figure out:

1. Where in the process model the reporting is actually compete, as it appears to create a 0kb file prior to actually populating it.  I know this because I enabled the "generatereportpath" callback, put a breakpoint in there, and it had by that time already generated a placeholder for the html file 0kb long, but hadn't actually populated it yet. 

2. Where in the runstate tree this complete path might be stored.  I've hunted around the runstate tree while paused in the above callback but could not find it.

Anybody know?  Would appreciate it,

Thanks

David Jenkinson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,663 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, but if you just want to know more about where the actual report generation is taking place, you should take a look at this white paper.

If you open up the NI_ReportGenerator.seq sequence file, there are sequences called "Calculate Report Path" and "GetReportFilePath". This would probably be a good place to start looking for what you want.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,642 Views)

I probably should have just posted the 2nd part of my question as that is the real meat of what I'm wanting.  I just really was trying to find where in the runstate tree the complete html path is stored. I have actually found it:

RunState.Root.Locals.ModelPluginConfiguration.Plugins[0].PluginSpecific.RuntimeVariables.PerSocket[0].Path

This path appears to assume that the report options appear first in the report options list (due to the element [0] designation), which they currently do in our setup, but ideally I'd find a location without this assumption.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,622 Views)