From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPVEE,.NET

Hi, I am trying to run a HPVEE function inside TestStand using activeX server as in the example. It gives me an error  ".NET cannot create an instance" because I am using .NET inside HPVEE function. Please advise. Does TestStand 3.0 support this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,301 Views)

Hi,

If you have created your HPVEE program into an assembly you should be able to use the .NET adapter in TestStand to call into the assembly.  If you are calling straight into HPVEE then you should take a look at the example program that ships with TestStand:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.0\Examples\VEE

Use this as a basis for using TestStand with HPVEE.

Also, the error you reported seems to me that it may not be a TestStand error but an error with your communication between VEE and .NET.  Can you try taking TestStand out of the equation and testing your HPVEE program by itself so that we can try and isolate the issue.

Thanks,

Caroline

National Instruments

Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,279 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

When I run HPVEE, it works fine.

I do use the example provided by NI and copied the VEE step types into my test sequences.

I am able to step through the VEE function when I put the debug mode when I specify the module in the testStand. It complains it can not create .NET object even though it runs perfectly fine in VEE itself.

I appreciate it any feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,274 Views)
Just a wild guess, but something to try would be to move your steps into a subsequence and in the call to the subsequence, specify to Run Sequence in a New Thread.

On the Settings... dialog, check the Use Single-Threaded Apartment option.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,255 Views)
Have you figured this problem out yet? Have you tried installing the HP Vee run-time engine?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,187 Views)