From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Queue in Engine Callback

Hi,

I'm looking to read the comment from a step in my sequence and send it via a global queue (*Subtitle) after every step. So I have put the enqueue method in the SequenceFilePostStep callback but it returns a runtime error saying the queue could not be found. Enqueue works fine with the same settings in the main sequence.

Is there any lower lever way to access this via the API? If not, what would be the best way? I'm trying very hard to not introduce visible steps into the main sequence to perform this.

Many Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,195 Views)

Hi

Using the callback, the queue will be accessed from every single step in the sequence, it may be that you don't create the queue as the very first step.

You can create the queue in the setup stage, and put a pre-condition on the subtitle callback to only run if the step is in the "Main" group, using the runstate.caller.runstate.stepgroup

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
Message 2 of 3
(3,176 Views)

Cheers Ian, you're my hero.

I feel so stupid now!

NI tech support at it's finest 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,174 Views)