NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting -29008 NI Switch Executive Evaluation License expired

Getting the attached error. We just moved this PC from one location to another. Different server. It says there is local license but it also says evaluation license expired. Need help troubleshooting this error. I need to run the TestStand.

Thanks

HG

EVAL_TIMED_OUT FFFF8EB0 -29008 NI Switch Executive is running with an evaluation license and the time limit for this session has expired. Restart your application to continue evaluating.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(993 Views)

Hi,

You are running TestStand which controls relays using switch executive ?

In that case the switch executive license has expired.

If you are not using switch executive and only want to run TestStand then uninstall the switch executive.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(938 Views)

Hi Ravi,

Yes It is using Switch Executive to control Relays. We have uninstalled and installed and then reactivated Switch Executive 3.6 but to no avail.  What is baffling to me is the Switch Executive you see on NI License manager says Licensed while the one on Measurement & Automation Explorer says says Evaluation Mode: Expired. See below.

Haggi_0-1654185980526.png

Haggi_1-1654186092357.png

Thanks

Haggi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(905 Views)

Hi,

From the picture it seems that you only have a deployment license of switch executive i.e. similar to a RTE license - no development and no debug facility available.

1)Uninstall Switch Executive.

2)Download only deployment software ( by default development is selected) :

https://www.ni.com/en-in/shop/software/products/switch-executive.html

3) Run and check.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(891 Views)

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for getting back to my question. I have two questions.

1. The Switch Executive 3.6 does not list whether it is Development, Deployment or Debug Deployment version.

Haggi_0-1654253763214.png

2.Even if I were to download the most recent version you sent me on the link above, would it be compatible with the following? LabView 2014 Professional Development System Expired, Switch Executive 3.6 Deployment (what is currently installed now), TestStand 2014 Base Deployment Engine (Licensed) and TestStand Development System Expired).

Haggi_1-1654254329941.png

Please advise.

Thanks

Haggi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(886 Views)