NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get result list in TS2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to get the TS2013 result list to custom the report in labview vi, but it error at get the property object of "MainSequenceResult->TS", please help me ,thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,116 Views)

anybody here??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,090 Views)

First off, getting no answer for some hours is no reason to ping.... compared to LV there are less TS users, so answers can/will take more time in average (except, dug is replying 🙂 ).

Looking at your screenshot implies that you worked with a previous version of TS and try to convert some customized components to TS 2013 now. Which version have you used?
 I guess something like 2010 or older....

General feedback:

- You are looking for TestSocket[0] statically. Why?

- Do you use your customized Batch process model? If not, why? BTW: This is most likely the explanation of your issue.

- Try to clean up the wiring a bit. While it is "OK", it could be improved (more space between nodes, no wires behind objects,...)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,081 Views)

HI

Thanks for you answer

Yes,I use my customized Batch process model, and my TS and LV version is 2013

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,068 Views)

Sadly, you answered only some of the questions:

Your custom Batch model comes from an older version of TS. Is that correct?

Why are you only refering to the size of the ResultList of Socket 0? Doesn't it make more sense to look in each individual socket?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,051 Views)

When you moved your process model to 2013 did you copy all of the files involved (entire directory tree), not just the sequence file? Have you tried looking at the variables in the sequence editor while at a breakpoint to get a better idea of what's going on?

You should be able to use your old process model in 2013 as long as you copied/included all of the files involved in its implementation (even if you didn't modify them). If you aren't sure if you've done that, copy all of the process model files from the teststand version from which your process model is based and then copy your modified files on top of that.

For example, if your process model was based on the one from 2010 and you are on Windows 7 (file locations are different on XP):

1) Copy everything from C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2010\Components\Models\TestStandModels to C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models\TestStandModels

2) Copy your modified process model files to C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models\TestStandModels overwriting anything that's already there.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,041 Views)

I' m sorry, Because my English is not very good, so it may not very clear presentation

I use windows7 and TS2013, The attachment"get result list size.jpg" is looking at the variables in the sequence editor while at a breakpoint, attachment"Error.jpg" is error information when access variable "TestSocket.MainSequenceResult->TS.SequenceCall.ResultList", Why I want to get the ResultList,because it include all step's result and other information

Now the problem I encountered was I don't know what is the "Referenced Object", When I use the mouse to click on it, it goes blank, I copy the "ResultList" and paste it in a string, it show like this "TestSocket.MainSequenceResult->TS.SequenceCall.ResultList"

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,653 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tonygan

Change the "->" to "."

Lookup strings do not understand "->". That's only allowed in expressions (I agree that it's odd that lookupstrings don't support -> so I'm going to submit a suggestion that they do.

Another way to handle this is:

mainresults = GetValInterface("TestSocket.MainSequenceResult", 0);

then

mainresults.GetPropertyObject("TS.SequenceCall.ResultList", 0);

but using a "." instead of "->" will also work.

-Doug

Message 8 of 9
(5,001 Views)

HI Dug9000

Thank you very much for you help, Smiley Very HappyThe problem has been solved

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,990 Views)