NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get images of teststand steps

Is there a way to export/print teststand images to a file or printer? I am NOT looking for Tools->Sequence file documentation unless that can be configured to create what it actually looks like when the steps are run. I have seen the question asked but have not seen any actual answers, just dead links.

The only way I know of to do it right now is right click on each step, go to run selected steps, take a screenshot, add it to a document.

This would need to be done hundreds of times and seems like a feature that would have been implemented.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,906 Views)

Hi bmdresodyn,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you clarify for me, are you talking about images that are in the test report, or are you talking about what's being displayed on the Teststand UI as it's running? I'm not sure there is a way to do the latter, but the former seems like something that could be configured to create a report of just the images, and then simply print the report when it's finished. Let me know if I'm not understanding. Thanks.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,853 Views)

Hi bmdresodyn,

Thanks for posting. If I understand what you want to do -- you want to automate capturing screenshots of the TestStand UI as your sequence is running. If that's the case, then I'd recommend creating a LabVIEW VI that automates the steps you are currently performing manually - with the exception of selecting and running each step. I'd create the LabVIEW VI to call the Windows Clipping Tool and Word through automation. The VI would let the user specify the window to take a screenshot of and the open Word document to paste each image to. I would add this new VI to your test sequence, calling it in the SequenceFilePostStep callback. This way the code would execute after every step in your sequence to automatically take the screenshot and add it to the Word document. This solution would enable you to run your sequence normally; however, it would add several seconds after each step. So if you have timing-dependent steps it could be a problem. In any case, I believe that this solution would still be much faster than the manual process you are currently performing.

Message 3 of 3
(1,843 Views)