NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Reports from Interactive Executions.

Apologies if this is a daft question. I am a new user of TestStand and want
to have the option of running or looping on selected steps in a sequence
but still produce a report of the result of these steps, which the default
run/loop on selected steps does not seem to do.

Can anyone help me out, I'm sure there must be a simple solution I just haven't
been able to find it! Thanks in anticipation.

Dave Lucas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,477 Views)
This example allows you to run selected steps in your sequence and generate a report based on the execution results of the selected steps. It also allows you to use your same report generation files as before and also allows you to keep all the pre and post interactive steps isolated from your process model and test sequences. Furthermore, this example does not require any other modified support files, i.e. modelsupport.dll, etc.

Basic Information:

There are 2 methods to run interactive executions:
1. Start a new interactive execution from the sequence display window by selecting steps and selecting Run Selected Steps.
2. Start an interactive execution by selecting steps from the execution display window of a paused regular execution.

This example is only meant to be used for the first method mentioned.

- The StationCallback.seq consists of two callback sequences, StationPreInteractive and StationPostInteractive.
- These callback sequences are executed whenever a user starts an interactive execution.
- The PreInteractiveCallback sequence executes before the selected steps are executed.
- The PostInteractiveCallback executes after the selected steps are executed.

These callbacks use many of the components from the default process model to generate the report.

Installation:

To use this example you will need to unzip the sequence file, StationCallbacks.seq, into the following directory: \TestStand\Components\User\Callbacks\Station\.

Once you have placed the StationCallbacks.seq file in this folder it should be the only file in this directory. Now run YOUR test sequence by selecting certain steps and then selecting "Execute>>Run Selected Steps". It should run the steps and generate a report using your report generation files.

Known Issues:

1) The report callback steps in the StationCallbacks.seq file are set to point to the callbacks in the process model located in the *NI* directory. If you are using a process model in your *USER* directory then you will need to go to the TWO report callbacks ("Get Report Options" and "TestReport Callback") in the StationCallbacks.seq file and specify the module so that they point to your process model in the *USER* directory. This should be the only change you might need to make.

2) You CANNOT use the *Client Sequence File Directory* option for report file pathname options in the Configure>>Report Options>>Report File Pathname tab. You must use one of the other two options in the Directory ring selector.

3) This example has only been tested for using the Sequence option for generating the report body.

4) The execution time displayed in the report is always zero.

5) This example does not log the results to a database.

Anand Jain
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,477 Views)