NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front-End Callbacks Other Than Login

Solved!
Go to solution

Anyone have examples/scenarios using custom Front-End Callbacks other than the basic login?  Just curious on how others might call and use this type of callback.

Thanks in advance for any info.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testergi

I've used it many ways.  Here are several:

• A dialog for the user to scan their badge.  Compares badge number against company database and logs them in with proper credentials
  • My own custom dialog (many versions of this).  Mostly to get a certain look and feel for the test station.
  • No dialog and always logs them in as operator.  To override log in again and the dialog will appear.

Is there something specific you are looking for?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 6
(1,572 Views)

Thanks @jiggawax for your examples.

I worked on custom login UI this week similar to what you mentioned.  I was more asking if other develops used the front-end callback other than login scenarios.  It appears that is mainly the purpose and the examples/docs only mention login.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,567 Views)

I think you are correct.  The engine only looks for the loginlogout sequence inside of the sequence file.  I'm guessing you could put your own sequences in there but then you would need to invoke it.  So basically a custom system.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,553 Views)

Calling it "front-end" is a little confusing if it is mainly used for login/logout.  It seems like if it was for only login/logout, the sequence would be named as such and then the Sequence Editor could have other Front-End Callbacks with other sequences (located in the FrontEnd folder) for other features (menu clicks, etc.).

Anyways.  Thanks for providing some of your examples.  I was able to review and get some custom login things working, as well.

I'll keep this thread open a little longer just in case others want to chime in.

-Greg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,547 Views)

I can't think of much else sensible to do there.... anything that you want global to that instance of the engine but don't want to lock into your UI? Maybe these:

• Registering a Crash Recovery Sequence
  • Creating/Initializing some kind of global variable like an FGV or Engine.TemporaryGlobal that can't live in your UI or Sequence File... seems generally inadvisable but might make sense if you cannot modify your UI executable or sequence file for some reason.

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 6 of 6
(1,546 Views)