NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Sequence Checklist

We have a team of engineers who all write Teststand sequence files and there are a tad over a dozen of us.  Once we finish a sequence file and publish it, invariably each is slightly different in setup.  I would like the collective to show me what your checklists look like.  TestStand has almost an infinite number of ways it will configure.  I would like to present a checklist or groups of images to ensure we look the same. 

Message 1 of 3
(2,447 Views)

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for here?  Do you mean when we do a peer review what are the items we check for? 

We have a TestStand style guide that each of our developers adhere to.  It is what we use in peer reviews to enforce standardization.  Unfortunately I cannot share it due to proprietary issues. 

In general I would advise that you push commonality into the process model or into shared sequence files.  This way you all aren't copying and reinventing the wheel every sequence file you create.

As for a checklist we used to have one and followed it strictly.  Now that all of our developers are CTDs and CTAs we don't need to rely on it as much.  It was more for newbies to help them know the process.  It was very specific to how we do it here so it would be very little use to you.  Basically it outlined how to package up and build TestStand and then how to release it into our "vault" for final release.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(2,415 Views)

Another thing that has helped us is to create templates and use those as starting points.  This way developers only remove what they don't need and leave the rest of the standard stuff alone. 

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 3
(2,412 Views)