NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Pre-UUT callback does not fail whole test

I assumed that failing the Pre-UUT callback would automatically fail the whole test. This is not the case. I can force it to terminate using Parameters.ContinueTesting, but this does not generate a report of the failed step/s.

So, is a failed callback supposed to fail the whole shooing match and generate a report? If not, just how do I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,570 Views)

Pre-UUT is not meant to contain steps which evaluate the UUT. Therefore, the whole process model does not take care about Pre-UUT in regard to evaluation and reporting of the UUT.

That being said, i am wondering why you break this "paradigm". What are those steps in your Pre-UUT which obviously do evaluate the UUT and why are they not part of MainSequence (and its connected call hierarchy)?

If there are evaluation steps in Pre-UUT at all, why do they connect to the status of the UUT rather than the status of the test system?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,557 Views)

Norbert,

Thanks for your reply and the education. 

Here is what I am trying to do. I have a test system and a product that I have to serialize. The problem is that if I have to retest I need to read the SN from the unit under test. The issue is that this is a high voltage product and before I can check to see if the unit has a serial number, I have to do several power tests to make sure I don't blow it up. If I want to set the serial number in TS myself, it seems like the power checks have to live in Pre UUT, as well as the read operation, so I can see if there is a pre-existing serial number or if I need to generate a new one.

TS assigns the SN to the model only during the Pre-UUT callback or within it's internal portion of the model if you do not create your own callback. At least that is the best I have been able to find.

I've been able to make this work in Pre-UUT by assigning my serial number (new or pre-existing) to the  RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber property, which as far as I can tell, is available only in Pre-UUT. Any time I look for this in Main it doesn't exist.

Confusing, I know, but I don't have a better way to explain it.

If  you can show me how to assign a SN to the serial number that the model uses anyplace other than Pre-UUT you will have solved my problem.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,542 Views)

Dave,

setting the serial number is by default in Pre-UUT, correct. You can, however, change that behavior by modifying the process model or simply overwrite the SN from your MainSequence. The lookup string you mentioned is the correct one when you are using the NI Sequential Model. It is no hidden property, so it should be accessible (and viewable) in the MainSequence at any time during execution. But as it is a "Run State Property", it is only available during execution (breakpoint!).

That being said, i feel that this discussion is not constructive for you. This statement is based on the following assumption:

The evaluation of the DUT regarding FAIL/PASS does NOT depend on a fail in the high voltage test. A fail in the high voltage test is more an ERROR which makes it impossible to test the DUT.

So maybe you can dig into that, while keeping the general setup with the Pre-UUT.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,525 Views)