NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtraPuTTy steps not found after Installation

I'm in the process of installing ExtraPutty with TestStand. I'm following the instructions as outlined in this article (except using '17.0' instead of '16.0' as I am using Teststand 2017), but the majority of the steps do not appear within the ExtraPutty folder under the Insertion Palette. The only steps that loads is the FTP loader, as shown below.

Is this a known issue? I have a co-worker who followed the same steps on a similar machine and installation, and was able to install all the steps successfully. 

Using ExtraPutty Version 0.29_RC2.

insertionpalette.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,271 Views)

Have you tried to do a reinstall to see if this can be replicated across two installations?  Or try installing with the 2016 release instead of the 2015 one?

Tyler O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,240 Views)

Hey,

I tested this out with the version you listed for TestStand and ExtraPuTTy following all of the steps in the tutorial, and all of the step types showed up correctly. When changing the version in Install_ExtraPuTTY.ini, did you change all instances from 3.0 to 17.0? 

Do you see ExtraPuTTY in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2017\Components\StepTypes?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,222 Views)

All instances of 3.0.0.0 and 3.0.0.12373 were changed to 17.0.

ExtraPuTTy.dll does appear in the StepTypes directory you mentioned. 

I will try to replicate the issue using the 2016 edition of Teststand.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,217 Views)

Hey I have the same problem did you ever fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,942 Views)