NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension capability not supported by Instrument(Temperature)-30717 Error

I am using IVI driver to communicate to Keithley 2750  and read temperature from thermocouple,Type-K sensor.

I get an error -30717 (Extension capability not supported by Instrument(Temperature) when trying to read temperature.

I am able to read voltage,current and resistance directly by configuring IVI DMM from NI TestStand.

Please not that I have configured instrument for measuring voltage,current and resistance successfully. So I believe the initial set up and configuration are alright.

However I am not sure if this error is because of me not configuring the IVI step in correct order. I have attached screenshots of step configuration that I do.

Please provide any suggestions.

I have already posted this issue in Keithley forums. I have not heard from them yet.

Please find screenshots attached.

Please find the link for driver that I am using here: http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=52764

Thanks

Sahithi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,690 Views)

Here is the screenshot of error

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,689 Views)

Hey Sahithi,

This is likely related to a known issue that can occur with the IVI drivers when the instrument doesn't support all three temperature extensions (Thermocouple, RTD, and Thermistor). See more information in the TestStand Known Issues list here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14067/en#101285_by_Category

It's possible that we could work around this issue by using an external code module to access this functionality. For example,you could create a LabVIEW VI which performs these operations, and call that VI from TestStand. Does this seem like a workable approach for your application? Another possibility would be to read the thermocouple as a voltage and perform the conversion to temperature within TestStand itself or with an external code module.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,659 Views)

Hi,

I have already written a function to measure temperature of thermocouple using c# and calling that module in Test Stand; It works that way.

However, In order to minimize the coding that we do,I was keen to know if I am not configuring the driver correctly.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,647 Views)