cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executions UI Control. Is it real?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I'm studying for my CTA exam, and I'm looking through a lot of minutia related to TestStand UI Controls.

I know I'm going to sound pedantic...

I'm looking at the TestStand UI Controls Reference Poster, 373423d, August 2012. (seems to be the latest?)

I see under the orange "Manager Controls" section an object called "Executions".

When I attempt to create an Executions UI Control it does not appear to exist. I went back as far as TestStand 2012 SP1, and I couldn't create this object back then.

Is this a real object, or is it a hypothetical that never came to fruition? If it's real, how do I create one?

Executions.png

Thanks as always,

Mr. Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr._Jim

I would recommend to use this: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/teststand/page/tsuiref/reftopics/tsuiobjects.htm

Instead of these posters. You will find there that Executions is a collection of Execution objects return by app manager control. So it is not a control but an object that can be returned from a control.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 2 of 4
(941 Views)

Thanks Michał, that's a much better idea.

How long has that diamond been there erroneously?! 🤔

I'll miss the color coding of the poster, but the article is much more readable on a screen, anyway.

Thanks very much!

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(901 Views)

Yes, the diamond seems to be an error. It happens in TS docs. R&D in NI doesn't love TS as much as LabVIEW, I guess.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(884 Views)