NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution view not visible

Hi,
I am using the full IO example for labview in test stand examples. I haave made some modification to suit my application. When I run this main vi everything appears properly. the execution view is visible and shows the trace of the testing. When I launch this VI from another VI using the invoke node through the RUN VI method, the execution view and the report view are not visible.

Where could be the error?

Regards
Gopal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,939 Views)
Hi Gopal,

When you say main VI, are you referring to Full OI - Top Level VI or Full OI - Launcher?  I tried this with the unmodified version and it works fine:

What kind of modifications did you make?  You might try with the unmodified version, and verify that it is working correctly.  Then, try making changes and verify that all the views still work.  The Execution View and Report View are ActiveX Containers.  Make sure the ExecutionView Manager is still connecting to the ExecutionView in Full OI - Configure ExecutionView Manager. 

Message Edited by AEDavid on 05-03-2007 11:32 AM

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,921 Views)
Hi
I have attached the laucher vi I use. The following are the FP of the test stand object which is displayed under different conditions.

Execution view when launched directly :

Execution view when run using the launcher VI

Execution view without running the main vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,907 Views)

Hi,

You need to attach your JPG's

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,907 Views)

Hi,

I have attached the images in the word document.

P.S. How to attach images so that it is visible in the message itself.

Regards
Gopal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,899 Views)

Hi,

Can you please help me based on the attached document in the previous mail? There is no major change in the operator iterface i use and the example supplied.

Regards
Gopal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,866 Views)
Hi Gopal,

I ran your VI (I simply modifed the Open VI Reference Path to point to my unmodified Full OI:  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\OperatorInterfaces\User\Full-Featured\LabVIEW\TestExec.llb\Full OI - Top-Level VI.vi) and the execution view appeared fine.  Please try this with an unmodified version of the OI.  Assuming you get the same result, you may want to compare the differences and/or make your changes incrementally from the original version.

Here are the execution views after I launch the OI with your VI: 

Message Edited by AEDavid on 05-10-2007 05:04 PM

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,841 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the efforts. I too tried using the original example and it works fine. I have comapred the VI's in my appication with that of the original example and there is no major changes. I didnot make any major changes. One change is that I keep all the tabs visible through out the application.

I will try to revert back the changes and check again.

But can you please tell me under what circumstance this error can occur?

Regards
Gopal

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,831 Views)
Hi Gopal,

I have modified the OI so that all tabs are visible (forcing a -1 into the ListBar Current Page input of Full OI - Show Appropriate Tabs), and the display does not appear corrupted.  My modified OI is attached.

Message Edited by AEDavid on 05-14-2007 02:54 PM

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,801 Views)