From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Subsequences

Hi

I got a problem which im struggling to find a solution to.

What i got is a Sequence which calls two other sequence files using the sequence call step.

If  the execution option of the sequence call step is none , the sequence is called and traceses correctly but when the Test is complete the viewer displays the main sequence trace and not the trace of the subsequence.

I need it to display the subsequence trace.

So i tried setting the sequence call step execution option to New execution , it shows in the viewer like i want it to but it does not place the information into the database.

How can i call a subsequence and display its trace for viewing  after the test is complete(When using the operator sequence) and insert the information of the subsequence into the database?

Help share your knowlegde
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,726 Views)

You need to place a Wait step at the end of your main sequence so that it capture the results of your new execution.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,722 Views)

You can also set the sequence call step to wait for the subsequence to complete in the advanced settings:

1.png

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,712 Views)